as most of us, you probably have your new years resolution in mind. Our new year’s resolution is to rebrand our website & products with our new brand identity as you may know from our last post.
We’re currently in the process of rebranding and we can tell you it’s very exciting to have a fresh start after more than a decade. But this is not all we will change this year… Our salad bars will be filled with more delicious whole foods, we will make some changes in our online shop for the category sandwiches and our Green Kitchen Chefs will continue to impress you with healthy soul food you can’t say no to. To all three things said before, We’ll keep you posted on our blog!
Enough talking – enjoy a brand new recipe by our Green Kitchen @ Fountain Plaza Chef
Vegan / Vegetarian Chilli Sin Carne
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced/pressed
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Hokkaido pumpkin cut into small squares (optional)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 800 g tinned chopped tomatoes / or 1kg fresh tomatoes
- 400 g tin of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 200 g tin of sweetcorn
- 100 g split red lentils / or any other lentils
- 400 g soy mince / or any vegan or vegetarian minced meat substitute you find in your grocery store
- 250 ml vegetable stock / or water
- 500g brown rice / or any rice you like
- 1 package organic Tortilla chips
- 2 avocados ready to eat, mashed
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 lemon/ lime cut in 4
- unsweetened soy, almond yogurt / vegetarian option: one pot of sour cream (optional)
- vegan grated cheese / vegetarian option: grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the garlic, onion, celery, carrots and peppers for a few minutes, on a medium heat, until softened. Add the cumin, chilli powder, salt and pepper and stir. Add the meat and stir until it gets the texture you desire. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, sweetcorn, lentils and vegetable stock. Simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with brown rice, avocado mash and yogurt. Top up with some tortilla chips, fresh chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime juice. If you are eating meat just replace the vegan/vegetarian meat with organic beef. Tip – Freezes well. Keeps for up to 4 days refrigerated.
We hope you will enjoy this heavenly spicy meal!
Your Green Kitchen Team